Week 8 update
- mounting points for steering rack were determined.
- the team will be using Unit strut to bolt down the steering rack.
- The mounting point are shown in the following image.
- The dX (6.74in) is subject to change when final FEA analysis is done. this would effect the current way that the unit strut is set up.
- Current height of steering rack will be 6.4 inches from bottom surface to top
- team is working on solidwork models of the guide arm
- FEA analysis was done on the guide component.
- Dr. Furman recommends a incorporation of damper into the system to make motion more smooth
- Calculation of the force acting on the wheel was performed using Matlab
- The full design of the guide arm is available on individual post from two weeks ago.
- Breaking system was relocated from the inside of the track to the bottom
- This new design will allow the brake pads to press on the bottom of the tracks to slow the bogie down in case of an emergency.
- The new location allows us to use bigger and stronger springs, and it solves the problem where the brakes are never at a constant distance from the track.